21 Jan 20 ways to reduce stress and be happier in 2016
Posted at 01:45h in Blog, Fundraising, Inspirational
- Build a fundraising plan – review your plan weekly and quarterly.
- Use Monday as your launch day for the week – build a weekly to-do list and block off time to complete your tasks.
- Drink more water – you’ll have to go to the bathroom and take a break from your computer.
- Leave 20% of your weekly calendar free. You’ll have time to fight the fires when they happen.
- Talk to your boss – meeting formally or informally once a week will make sure you’re on the same page with priorities.
- Focus your time on activities that are directly related to bringing money in – donors, grant applications, major gift conversations, appeal letters are great examples.
- Break large tasks (like build communications plan for appeal letters) into smaller, achievable tasks.
- Job shadow a programming staff person each quarter – You’ll not only build trust with your team, you’ll also be able to gather your own stories to share with donors.
- Book holidays. And take them.